acerbicaftertaste replied to your post: I’ve had this weird urge to write character…
Getting character’s inhibitions down, heck yes- otherwise some of these close-lipped little buggers would never say anything about anything. By which I mean I also do have this urge
this may or may not be my primary motivation for this
/late reply, got distracted by Pokeymen
I’ve had this weird urge to write character development short stories for a while
why is the only writing prompt I can think of “[character] is drunk”
aw, why am I always offline for the character development days, I wish people would ask about my characters more often
(I’m kind of obsessive about my characters
psst, feel free to take this as an invitation to ask me questions about my characters
or to ask my characters about themselves)
Kyle. People can make fun of them for it. …Okay. Lina? Patricia? Nancy? Megan? Victoria? Nina?
Derp at Kyle. XD Though, since this is kind of an off-reference to the character as opposed to an actual appearance, that would probably just confuse people.
Anyway, I’ve decided to go with Kiarra, at least for now. Thanks though!
I was about to go with Charlotte, but Kiara is nice too *ponders*
Hey you guys, I need a name for my NaNo like right now, I can’t decide
What’s a good girl’s name?
I get really into designing my characters’ backstories. Even with canon characters I tend to have a lot of headcanons to flesh them out a little more where needed. Unfortunately, I also tend to rp characters that don’t exactly enjoy chatting about their past, so no one ever gets to know the full story. I’d love to share; the character clams up.
oh man me
me me me
me so much i’m not even kidding
I’ve decided that if there was ever a live-action movie made of one of my stories, I would want to a) oversee it to make sure they don’t do anything stupid with the story, and b) hug the actors who play my characters, then it would be almost like actually hugging the characters ahfgjkg
how do you flesh out an idea? does it take a long time, do you mull over it for hours, or does it come easily? describe the process!
I usually run the scene or idea or whatever through my head several times until stuff happens. True story. XD
If someone were to read my mind, it would probably be filled with the exact same dramatic dialogue over and over, just with slight tweaks every time. :B
creative process meme!
i originally thought up these questions for writers, but then i realized that they can really apply to anything - artists, composers, whatever. idk about you guys but i love to talk about my process so yeah
- red: is it hard for you to think up new ideas? list three of your biggest influences.
- orange: what do you do when you’re inspired? do you scream eureka, write the idea down in a notebook, what?
- yellow: what do you do when you’re stuck in a block? list three sources of inspiration when new ideas are scarce.
- green: how do you flesh out an idea? does it take a long time, do you mull over it for hours, or does it come easily? describe the process!
- blue: depending on your form of art, what are some of your favorite ways to characterize, add detail, design, establish a settling, or otherwise elaborate on the piece? are you fond of world-building, or does that pose a problem for you? (customize this question if you’re an artist or otherwise)
- indigo: picture of your workspace!
- violet: describe your work habits. do you eat? do you need music? are you messy or organized? do you keep a notebook? how long can you work at a time? etc.
- silver: what’s the hardest part of a piece for you? (plot, background, etc)
- gold: the easiest?
- black: what is your least favorite part of the creative process?
- white: your favorite?
- rainbow: do you believe in true originality?
- brown: what does it take for you to honestly be proud of something?
- pink: what is the most rewarding part of being a writer, artist, etc?
- magenta: what drives you the most insANE?